Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Through the generations...

My mom was always one of those that saved everything her kids did. Throughout my childhood I was always going up into our attic to look through the things I had done in previous years. I didn't have much from when I was a baby but once we got into school she saved everything. One of the most special things she saved were some of my dresses from my preschool days. I have always been very girly and enjoyed dressing up from an early age. Now MY daughter is very similar...she loves clothes and shoes, shopping with mom, and wearing pretty things. We've even had our first argument over shoes as she wanted heels and I wasn't going to buy them! What fun that was in the middle of Target! I have many precious things that I've been able to pass down to her but this dress is the most special...



Brooklynn is the 3rd generation to wear this dress. My mother wore it as a toddler and she saved it for me. I wore it and saved it for my future daughter. Now she has the privilege of wearing it. It was so neat to see her wear that. I hope she will save it for her daughter, should God give her that gift. It is special to have special things to pass on. Not to mention...she looks so precious!!

No comments: